A firebending prodigy, Azula was sadistic, manipulative, and obsessed with power. She was a skilled strategist who orchestrated the coup over the Earth Kingdom capital Ba Sing Se, and halted the invasion on the Day of Black Sun.
Azula harbored deep mental instabilities, believing her mother loved Zuko more than her. Raised by her father in an environment without a mother-figure, Azula had to be nothing less than perfect in her father's eyes just to earn any affection from him. After the betrayal of her two closest friends Mai and Ty Lee, these instabilities were brought up to the surface. Upon the arrival of Sozin's Comet, Azula was soon to be crowned Fire Lord; however, her defeat at the hands of her brother Zuko and Katara caused her to suffer a complete mental breakdown.
Following her emotional breakdown, she was put in a mental health institution to recover, though eventually joined Team Avatar on their search for Ursa, as part of her secret agenda to betray them and usurp the throne from Zuko.
- In Toonwriter's video series, Azula's relationship with Bowser Jr. is non-canon.
- Azula made her first debut in Pooh's Adventures of Rock and Rule.
- Azula will appear as Apocalypse's new Horseman of Pestilence, and adopt the code name, Storm Fire in Weekenders Adventures of Code Red Apocalypse.
- Azula will be forced to join the Suicide Squad when the government puts a bomb and a shock device in her neck, but will have her head blown off when she tries to escape to her family in Nighlock and the Suicide Squad.
- Azula will be revived by Ryvine and join him in Crash's, Thomas' and Ryan's Adventures of LEGO Dimensions.