Doraemon's physical appearance changed as the manga progressed. At first, he was predominantly blue, with a blue tail, a white stomach, and flesh-coloured hands and feet. He also stooped, and had a body much larger than his head. In later issues, he sported a smaller body, white hands and feet, and a red tail—the appearance most identify him with today.
In "The Doraemons" story arc (and the 2112: The Birth of Doraemon short film), it is revealed that Doraemon's original paint color was yellow. After getting his ears gnawed off by a robot mouse, he slipped into depression on top of a tower, where he drank a potion labeled "sadness". As he wept, the yellow color washed off and his voice changed due to the potion. As a result, he developed a morbid fear of mice despite being a robotic cat, because he was suffering musophobia.
Doraemon weighs 129.3 kg (285 lb) and measures at 129.3 cm (4 ft 3 in) tall. He is able to run at 129.3 km/h (80.3 mph) when scared and jump 129.3 cm (4.242 ft) when threatened. His maximum power is 96.4 kW (129.3 bhp). His waist, head, and chest circumference are all 129.3 cm. His feet are 129.3 mm in diameter. He was manufactured on 3 September 2112 (12/9/3 in Japanese date format) at the Matsushiba Robot Factory. Doraemon is considered a substandard product because many of his robotic features (i.e. radar whiskers and cat-calling bell) malfunctioned after production. One can turn Doraemon off by pulling his balloon tail.
- Doraemon, along with Noby, Sneech, Big G. & Sue will meet Team Robot in Team Robot's Adventures of Stuart Little 2 & will be guest stars in Emerl & The Super Mario Bros.
- Doraemon, along with Noby, Sneech, Big G. & Sue will join Tino Tontini and his team in Weekenders Says Hey Arnold: The Movie.
- Doraemon, Noby and Sue will join Winnie the Pooh and his team in Winnie the Pooh Meets Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightening Aren't So Frightening.
- Doraemon, Noby and Sue will make his debut in Winnie the Pooh meets The Elephant Man.
- Doraemon will guest star in Winnie the Pooh hears The Sound of Music.