Fidgel received his advanced doctoral degree in psycho-aeronautics, after completing his dissertation, which proved that penguins, are in fact, aerodynamically capable. They just choose to waddle instead of fly because "waddle" sounds funnier, and Penguins are one of the few birds capable of sustained comedy.
While technically the only member of the penguins' crew with no musical talent, Fidgel invented a guitar that is controlled by how he imagines he could play if he did have musical talent. This patented technology has since been used in numerous boy-band records.
Fidgel is a Macaroni Penguin.
- According to Zidgel, he's color blind.
- His favorite food is watercress sandwiches.
- Fidgel bears an uncanny resemblance to Jason and Michelle's Granddad.
- In early concept art, Fidgel's costume was white.
- In Lazy Daze, Fidgel mentioned that he had a brother-in-law named Ray. However, he doesn't say whether Ray is his wife's brother or his sister's husband.
- According to an older version of the Big Idea website, if he wasn't on a spaceship crew, he would be teaching astrophysics at Cambridge, writing packaged food nutritional information, or watching a lot of Animal Planet.
- In the direct-to-video episodes, he has shoulder pads like the other Penguins. In the T.V. episodes, on the other hand, the shoulder pads disappear.
- Fidgel will meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders in The Cutie Mark Crusaders Adventures of 3-2-1, Penguins!