Garfield Goes Inside Out is the first Garfield/Pixar crossover planned to be made by Fanboy and Chum Chum
Riley is a happy, hockey-loving 11-year-old Midwestern girl, but her world turns upside-down when she and her parents move to San Francisco. Garfield and his team meet Riley's emotions: Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger and Fear, and try to guide her through this difficult, life-changing event. However, the stress of the move brings Sadness to the forefront. When Garfield, Odie, Nermal, Arlene, Squeak, Poppy O'Hair, C.A. Cupid, Darling Charming, Rosabella Beauty, Tecna, Roxy, Snoopy, Woodstock, Casey Newton, Elsa, Sunset Shimmer, Blythe, Youngmee, Sue, Kora, Mal, Evie, Jane, Kevin, Stuart, Bob, Joy and Sadness are inadvertently swept into the far reaches of Riley's mind, the only emotions and people left in Headquarters are Jon, Liz, Ashlynn Ella, Blondie Lockes, Charlie Brown, Selina, Ben, Jay, Carlos, Anger, Fear and Disgust.
- Kevin, Stuart and Bob guest star in this film, who joins the team after the events of Garfield Meets the Minions.
- Even though Casey didn't appear in the last film after her adventure debut in Garfield Meets the Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games, she does make a minor appearance in this and some upcoming films.
- This is the second Garfield's Adventure film where Sue Patterson has coulrophobia, mostly Jangles the Clown. The first film was Garfield Meets the Minions, when she and her friends were pursued by the villains from Villain-Con.
- But nonetheless, Riley also has coulrophobia.
- Garfield Meets the Minions was also took place before this film, and before the events of Garfield Meets The Good Dinosaur.