Hoot and Toot tend to bicker and argue at times. They both dislike rules which often gets them in trouble and making them the unusall chuggers working in the Chuggington Railway.
Hoot and Toot are based on a hybrid between the BR Class 168 DMU and the BR 70 Powerhaul diesel, because they were designed for freight like, the BR Class 70, and their cabs' resembles to the Class 168's.
Hoot is painted blue and white, whilst Toot is teal and white
- Hoot is male, whilst Toot is female.
- Hoot and Toot are usually together; however, in some episodes, they are seen apart.
- Hoot is slightly red-green colour blind.
- Hoot has one horn, while Toot has two
- They live in the Trainee Roundhouse.
- In German Hoot is called "Leon", and Toot is called "Lea".
- Toot always seeks attention, much to Hoot's annoyment.
- They are good friends with Piper, Bill and Ben