Mrs. Twombly is an eccentric and kind woman. She cares a great deal for the pet shop and the pets, and her heart is in the right place. She tends to be too confiding, as shown in "Pawlm Reading" episode, and her taste in fashion is extravagant, but the most of people who know her respect her for the cheerful mood, kindness and devotion to her number one calling: Littlest Pet Shop.
Despite her otherwise perky nature, she can become very frustrated on occasion. She also has a tendency to go off the deep end when she is cleaning the shop.
She is obsessed with collecting door knobs.
Although she is apparently elderly, Mrs. Twombly has surprisingly youthful features. She has grey hair with notable white streaks, light green eyes, prominent cheekbones and a beauty mark above her lips. In her youth, she had dark red hair.
She sports a dark red dress with yellow sunflower-like designs, a black necklace and black bracelet on her right wrist, as well as a black belt. She usually wears reading glasses with a chain.
- Her hobby is collecting door knobs.
- Her first name wasn't revealed until "Lotsa Luck".
- She invented Kung Fu Quilting, a mix of martial arts and quilting, as a young woman when her doctor had told her to stay in bed for two weeks. She became the best in the world at the sport, but had to retire July 21, 1969 due to an injury.
- She is voiced by Kathleen Barr, who also voices Trixie and Queen Chrysalis.
- Mrs. Twombly will meet Thomas, Twilight, Brian, and their friends in Thomas and Twilight Sparkle's Adventures of Littlest Pet Shop: Blythe's Big Adventure.