A litter of pigs are born to the Arable farm (where Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore, The Vultures, Jiminy Cricket, Zazu, Kronk, Zhane, Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami Sato, Jean-Bob, Speed, Puffin, Jeremy the Crow, Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine, Genie, Iago, Carpet, Louis, Woody Woodpecker, Ttark, Chanticleer, Goldie, Edmond, Patou, Snipes, and Peepers are staying at). One is a runt so John Arable decides to "do away with it". However, when his daughter, Fern Arable, hears of the pig's fate, she rescues him and tells her dad that it's absurd to kill it just because it's smaller than the others. She gets to raise him and names him "Wilbur". However, after only six weeks of raising him, John Arable tells Fern that it's time for him to be sold (his 10 siblings were already sold). Fern sadly says good-bye as the young pig is sold down the street to her uncle, Homer Zuckerman. When Wilbur wants to play with a lamb, the lamb's father (known as a ram) says that sheep don't play with pigs because it's only a matter of time before they are turned into smoked bacon and ham. Wilbur starts crying, saying that he doesn't want to die, but a voice from above tells him to "chin up". The next day she sings a song about "chinning up", and reveals herself to be a spider named Charlotte. She saves Wilbur by writing messages in her web, hence the title. She eventually dies, and although 511 of her children leave the barn (she had 514), three of them stay. But as much as Wilbur loves them, they will never replace the memory of Charlotte.
- Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, Abu, Genie, Iago, Carpet, Louis, Woody Woodpecker, Ttark, Chanticleer, Goldie Pheasant, Edmond, Patou, Snipes, and Peepers will guest star in this film.
- This film will use the original 1973 animated version of Charlotte's Web, not the 2006 Live-Action version of the story.
- Wilbur will be revealed to be Piglet's cousin in this film.
- Both Rock-a-Doodle and Charlotte's Web take place on a farm.
- This film will be dedicated to Debbie Reynolds (1932-2016).
- Charlotte's Web was first released on DVD in 2001. the same year that The Book of Pooh: Stories from the Heart was released straight to video.
- The Winnie the Pooh featurettes, The Tigger Movie, The Jungle Book, and Charlotte's Web all featured songs written by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman.
- The only members of the Jungle Adventure crew to appear in this film are Simba, Timon, Pumbaa, Genie, and Louis.
- The storyline continues in Pooh's Adventures of Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure.