Taking place after The FT Squad's Adventures in Madagascar, the FT Squad, along with Alex, Marty, Gloria, Melman, the Penguins, King Julien and Maurice, use an old plane from the Madagascar trees to return to New York City. Unfortunately, this flight doesn't go as well as they expected, because they crash land in Africa. Here, they discover Alex's parents, Zuba and Florrie. But while their time in Africa is at first fascinating, things take a turn for the worst for the four New Yorkers; Alex must face Makunga's challenge for a place in the lion pride, Marty finds himself not unique when among a herd of zebras, Gloria finds a love interest, making Melman feel upset, and Melman fears that he only has 24 hours to live after getting word from a fellow giraffe of a brown spot, one that is thought to have taken the life of their previous witch doctor. Meanwhile, the penguins try to fix up the crashed plane with the help of Mason and Phil.
- This story takes place right after The FT Squad's Adventures in Madagascar.
- Speedy the Snail, met in the previous adventure, will join the FT Squad after this adventure.
- The FT Squad goes with the penguins after they fix up the plane and take off.
- After this adventure, Kyle, Rudy, Dennis, Cassidy, Kimmy, Kaytlin, Wubbzy, Daizy, Widget and Walden will agree that they are in need of a summer vacation. They will be joined by Simba, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa, and together, they will head to Danville USA, for a break, setting the plot for The FT Squad's Adventures With Phineas and Ferb.
- Donkey and Speedy will return to Commander Atom to report what they've been up to, as well as let them know that everything is fine.