The Nightmare Train is a large, scary, creepy, villainous, black anthropomorphic 0-6-4 tenderless steam locomotive with three smokestacks, a whistle that sounds like a truck horn, pulling a train of three old rickety boxcars and finally one old rickety caboose. As soon as he had the toys and the real boy in his possession, his appearance changes into a more frightening form with his cowcatch forming his mouth and other bestial features like his whistle and pistons.
Why He is a Villain?
The Nightmare train tricked Little Engine into giving her the Toys and Richard (the real boy) claiming he will take the group to the real world. But when they were in his boxcar he revealed his true form and left The Little Engine derailed. He intend to keep the real boy (Richard) and the toys in Dreamland to keep the tunnel closed and halt the delivery of good dreams so the only dreams that could be delivered were his nightmares.
The Nightmare Train was defeated by The Little Engine with help of Richard. They outwitted and switched him to another track and sent him barreling down the mountain at high speed.
Where is He now?
During the end credits we see The Nightmare Train at the bottom of a ravine, probably having jumped the tracks because of The Little Engine and her trick. He was then presumably turned into scrap metal, meaning that he was killed.
- The Nightmare Train (as Cerberus) became the enemy of Thomas, Twilight Sparkle and their friends in Thomas and Twilight Sparkle's Adventures of The Little Engine that Could.
- The Nightmare Train will become Winnie the Pooh's enemy in Pooh's Adventures of The Little Engine That Could (2011).
- The Nightmare Train will become the enemy of Roary the Racing Car, Theodore Tugboat and their friends in Roary and Theodore's Adventures of The Little Engine That Could (2011).
- He is also partners with Nightmare Moon and her private train
- The Nightmare Train will guest star in Brian Griffin's Adventures of Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- In many adventures series, the Nightmare Train is named Cerberus for having three funnels on his smokebox.
- The Nightmare Train is also partners with Timothy: The Ghost Engine.