As in the Railway Series, Edward saves Trevor from scrap.
Sometime after that, Trevor soon had no work to do, so Edward took him to Thomas' junction, where Thomas took him to work at Knapford Harbour. At the end of the day, Thomas took Trevor back to the junction and tells him that he may visit him sometime and that the vicar now has work for him to do in the orchard, but may be needed at the harbour again someday.
Edward and Trevor once helped the vicar organize a garden party to raise money for a seaside trip for underprivileged children.
Later on, Trevor has been seen working in other places such as Farmer McColl's Field. He has also got a cart stuck twice on a level crossing, both times the load being smashed apart by the oncoming engine.
According to a magazine article, he sometimes works on Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm.
He was an attraction at the Sodor Steam Fair.
Trevor is very friendly and gets along well with the engines. He is also helpful and ready to give anybody advice. Trevor loves children in particular, especially giving them rides in his cart.
- Trevor's television series model did not have moving eyes until the third season.
- Trevor's model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- A large scale model of Trevor was built for some of the Pack episodes. The large scale model is now owned by BRj38 and Alcofan158 of SiF.
- Trevor is also best friends with Apple Strudel.
- Trevor guest stars in Thomas and Twilight Sparkle meet Spider-Man, Thomas and Twilight Sparkle meet Spider-Man 2, Thomas and Twilight Sparkle meet Spider-Man 3, Thomas and Twilight Sparkle go Inside Out, and Thomas and Twilight Sparkle meet The Good Dinosaur.